Sunday, February 2, 2014
Sicilian sauce recipe
- 400 grams of sardines
- fennel 1 unit
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of Saffron
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 50 grams of raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Quantity to taste salt and black pepper
1. Cut the sardine in small pieces.
2. Wash the fennel bulb, remove the harder layer and discard. Save a leaves and cut the rest into thin slices.
3. In a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, saute the fennel until it is transparent. Add the sardines and chicken broth, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. In the cooking broth, dilute the saffron and curry.
5. Then add the raisins, pine nuts and add salt and pepper to taste.